When you think of a children’s party, what do you think of?
No, not balloons. No, not cake. No, not clowns. Fine stop guessing, it’s piñatas. Those small little paper figures that are hung up to a tree and filled with candy.
The goal of these Piñatas? To hit them with a stick blindfolded until their guts spill out with candy for children to fight viciously over.
Now my question to this is what lesson is this teaching to children?
1. You should hang people and animals up to a tree using a string.
2. Hitting people and animals hung up to a tree with sticks will provide you with candy.
3. After hitting a person hung up to a tree with a stick and breaking him open, you can eat what comes out.
4. After hitting a person hung up to a tree with a stick and breaking him open so something comes out, you fight with others to see who can eat more.
5. All of this should be done at a party.
Now I don’t know about you, but I don’t think this sends the right message. Perhaps we should just give the kids the candy so they can get hyper without endangering the life of the poor tree that died in its duty to provide entertainment for children.
Plus, throwing candy at kids is much more fun then watching them hit something with a stick. Trust me.
-The Anon Blogger